A $100 Gold and Champagne Donut in Williamsburg

There is a very expensive donut made of gold in Brooklyn.

gold and champagne donut

Eating is one of the greatest pleasures in life, I find. This is probably because I have a high metabolism, but I understand that nothing lasts forever, like decent carbs on my plate. Since life has its balance, it stands to reason that the more money you make the more expensive your food should be. So I guess there are some people (especially in ole’ Billyburg) that could afford to pay $100 for the Golden Cristal Ube Donut. This may be a total aside, but for anyone thinking that Williamsburg, Brooklyn is in any way, shape, or form a haven of young, struggling artsy types– you’re dead wrong. These kids are eating $100 champagne donuts for heaven’s sake.

Bjorn DelaCruz, the creator of the Filipino restaurant Manilla Social Club swears the donut, which is iced with Cristal champagne, filled with ube mousse and champagne jelly, and covered in 24K gold, isn’t a gimmick. He says the ‘honey notes’ of the Cristal complement the purple ube yam donut perfectly. Since I don’t have a c-note to throw down for what I’d normally pay $1.19 for, I can neither confirm nor deny this statement. All I can say is that you can get a dozen for a grand, so if you’re looking to really impress your office colleagues, bring some of these golden champagne donuts to your next morning meeting.

Popular posts from this blog

NLC Threatens To Shut Down NIPOST Offices Nationwide

Whisper it! Some conversations should never be saved. #Bleep